The Widlund Gallery Committee at Tannery Pond Community Center is seeking regional artists and travelers for a curated group show which will run from January 3 to February 13, 2022. The committee will host an opening reception on January 7, 2022, 5-7 pm.
The show, titled “Beyond the Blue Line: The Art of Travel,” will inspire curiosity and wonder in all the places our friends and neighbors have visited outside the Adirondacks, whether as close as Vermont or as far away as Antarctica. The exhibit will feature the work of 20 or more artists and invite gallery visitors to “travel in their minds” beyond the Blue Line.
If you have a painting, drawing, photo, journal or other objet d’art from your travels that you would like to submit for consideration, please submit details of the artwork/artifact no later than December 1, 2021.
Please email Kate Hartley at firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to include:
- A clear image of the artwork/artifact. All photos must be printed, and all artwork framed or otherwise suitable for hanging in a gallery. Your image should show the framed piece as it will be hung in the gallery (not just a digital image of the artwork alone).
- Artwork’s dimensions, price/value (pieces do not need to be for sale).
- Tell us the story of your submitted piece. A short paragraph or two describing the work, why it evokes a sense of place for you, or why it inspired you on your travels. These stories will be included in the gallery exhibit!
- Your connection to the Town of Johnsburg.
- Your name, email, phone number and address.
- Let us know if the work will be for sale. Pieces sold are subject to a 25% gallery commission paid to Tannery Pond Center.
- Acceptance into the exhibit will be announced by December 20, and pieces need to be delivered to Tannery Pond on Sunday, January 2, 12-2 pm, or Monday, January 3, 10-11 am. Pieces may also be delivered to Kate in advance, by prior arrangement.